Publishing your book....(click here)

Lots of folks gathered at the Cherry Hill Public Library last evening for a free talk on 'How to Get Your Book Published'. I learned that my kinko published poetry book will never be published. Apparently, publishers are not interested in poetry since it is not a big money-maker. Jonathan Maberry, a 'New York Times Bestseller' author, gave me the most important advice that I ever received...'do not revise until you are finished your fist draft. The storyteller in you needs to tell the story first.' Later, the critic in you can perfect your masterpiece. I have re-started my mystery novel about four times. The next start I will proceed til done the first draft. Kristin Battestella (VAMPFAM.BLOGSPOT.COM) writes 'The Vampire Family'. She is definitely popular at this time. Diame McPhail (www.sidhenadaire.com)is an editor, writer and designer. Mike McPhail writes sci-fi. His website is www.defending the future.com. Jonathan quoted Ray Bradbury: 'a writer writes'.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Full Moon in Pisces Friday 9/16/16 (click on title)